Once I realised that I had some suitable fabric in my stash (95% organic cotton/ 5% elastane from Maud’s Fabric Finds), I decided that I would have a go after all.
The pattern was very easy to print and piece together. There are just two different pattern pieces – much to my delight! – and so it’s also quick to cut out and sew.
I enjoyed making the first pair so much that I bought more fabric – this time scuba from The Shuttle – and made a second pair the same day! For these I cut the same size but used smaller seam allowances because of the thicker fabric and used the lightning bolt stitch and twin needle on my sewing machine.
Having cut a size Small for the legs and hips, I graded up to a half-size larger for the waist, which worked well. For the next pair I’ll increase the rise a little at the back (as that’s where I curve the most!).
If, like me, you’ve been hesitant about sewing leggings, I hope that sharing my experience early in the month will encourage you to have a go too!